The Asian Regional Meeting on Collective Housing aims at strengthening the regional network of community groups implementing collective housing processes in Asia by:
- Exchanging updates and reflections around experiences of collective and community-led housing in each of the participating countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka and Thailand).
- Exchanging experiences with international guests representing housing cooperatives from Canada (CHF) and Uruguay (FUCVAM), with the support of World Habitat.
- Making key collective decisions on the objectives, tools and implementation of the 3-year project launched by ACHR and urbaMonde in the framework of the CoHabitat Network activities (peer-exchanges, documentation, advocacy, solidarity-based financial mechanisms).
- Using the opportunity of APUF-7 to officially launch the project and promote collective housing among external audiences.
8 - 11 October 2019 - Bangkok, Thailand (Asian Regional Meeting)
- Wed. 9: peer-exchange "visit of the Bang Bua Canal project"
- Thu. 10: World Habitat Day Celebration "Collective Housing Worldwide" (in collaboration with CODI)
- Fri. 11: Workshops on "Collective housing project planning"
12 - 17 October 2019 - Penang, Malaysia (Asia-Pacific Urban Forum - 7)
- Sat. 12: peer-exchange "visit to the Armenian Street project (coordinated by CAN)"
- Sun. 13: Joint grassroots' planning session & ACHR internal meetings
- Mon. 14: APUF Grassroots' assembly
- Tue. 15: High level roundtable (APUF opening session) and side-events
- Wed. 16: Side-events on urban resilience (organized by Huairou and Cities Alliance)
- Thu. 17: Side-events on urban finance and urban equality (organized by ARKOM and DPU) & Grassroots' commitment
With the participation of:
- ACHR secretariat and member organizations
- CoHabitat Network guests from the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada and the Uruguayan Federation for Mutual Aid Housing Cooperatives
- Community Organizations Development Institute of Thailand (CODI)
- UN-HABITAT & more